In case you haven’t noticed, 80% of my skincare is from SkinCeuticals. Why? It works better than anything out there, period.
These days, the skincare industry is chock-full of bullshit. You’d borderline have to believe in magic buying into the majority of their claims. Of course, their efforts don’t start and end with promising to shave five years off your face. You know how it is. There you are, navigating daily life, checking email, scrolling through Instagram, and POOF. You’ve stepped onto an empty field, sieged, under fire by every influencer and brand telling you they are offering you the best product, at the best price, with incomparable results.
There are no marketing frills or half-baked influencer campaigns behind SkinCeuticals. Yes, their products are objectively unsexy. The clinical packaging makes for a less aesthetically uniform medicine cabinet, but ask any dermatologist, and they’ll all respond resoundingly: SkinCeuticals is the gold-standard in technologically advanced skincare.
For more than two decades, SkinCeuticals has led the industry with clinically proven products that protect skin, correct existing concerns, and prevent further damage. SkinCeuticals, unlike most dermatologist-backed brands, actually exceeds expectations. The 40 years of academic research conducted by Sheldon Pinnell, the founding scientist and Chief Medical Advisor behind the brand, have produced some of the most coveted, impossible to replicate formulations. So, when you ask yourself why the products are so expensive, it’s because of the research, which is why the products work so well!
I started using SkinCeuticals about a year ago, and I’ll be the first to say, I believe in magic. I’ve seen my skin transform into the best version of itself, arguably better than it was in my youth. As much as I love sampling new product ranges and formulations of the many ingredients I use from SkinCeuticals, I’ll never trade them in for another model. They are simply the best around.
If you’re new to SkinCeuticals, or skincare in general, and wondering how to get started, I’m here for you! Below are my top SkinCeuticals products WORTH your money for all your skin needs and skin types.
*if you’re thinking of purchasing a product, using the links provided help me continue writing content and support the blog, and my ability to feed my dog, so it’s much appreciated <3
C E Ferulic
If You Buy Anything, Buy This. Don’t bother buying another Vitamin C. The unparalleled fan-base for this product makes sense. The twelve ingredient formulation was released over a decade ago in 2015 as a result of 40 years of academic research. The combination — of 15% pure vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid), 1% vitamin E (alpha tocopherol), and 0.5% ferulic acid — was their discovery, which they then patented, leaving all other brands defenseless in attempting to recreate whats heralded as the best skincare formulation of all time. Of all the skincare I’ve tried, this gave me INSTANT results. Oh, and it has a #patent so she’s one of a kind.
- Provides advanced environmental protection from skin-damaging free radicals caused by sun and pollution
- Clinically proven to reduce combined oxidative damage from free radicals generated by UV, ozone, and diesel exhaust by up to 41%
- Improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and loss of firmness
- Evens and brightens skin tone
- Once absorbed, this vitamin C serum can remain effective for 72 hours
- Paraben-free and ideal for normal, dry, and sensitive skin types
- Tested suitable for use post-laser; Always consult with a physician for individual post-procedure care
Blemish + Age Defense
Fight Aging, Blemishes, and Discoloration At The Same Time. As we age, we can still experience blemishes, congested skin, and obviously looming fine lines and wrinkles. This oil-free serum tackles all of these in one drop application. SkinCeuticals Blemish + Age Defense is an advanced solution to help eliminate adult acne while addressing wrinkles, fine lines and uneven skin tone. A combination of 2% dioic acid with alpha and beta hydroxy acids prevent blemishes while diminishing hyperpigmentation and reducing wrinkles and fine lines (it actually does this, no magic required). This targeted treatment also inhibits excess of sebum production, unclogs pores, and helps prevent skin darkening from UV exposure. I use this every other night, and my skin is happier than ever. This serum and the C E Ferulic are a powerhouse combo leaving your skin destined for greatness.
- Reduces excess sebum production
- Improves the appearance of blotchiness, blemishes, and uneven skin tone
- Decongests clogged pores
- Diminishes visible signs of aging
- Ideal for acne-prone, oily, combination, and aging skin types
Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2
The Best Moisturizer On This Planet. The impact of this product is so heavy that it’s worth lightening my pocketbook. This heavenly product is made up of 2% pure ceramides, 4% natural cholesterol, and 2% fatty acids. The brand touts that this ratio of naturally-occurring lipids is ideal for helping skin restore its natural moisture barrier. According to SkinCeuticals, lipid production declines with age, and “as a consequence, skin’s natural functions may become impaired, impacting barrier function and skin’s natural repair [process].” The result is an instantaneous (not kidding) improvement in elasticity, moisture levels, and radiance, leaving your skin supple, healthy, and radiant. Great for every skin type but BEST for dry to normal.
- Restores essential skin lipids: ceramides, natural cholesterol, and fatty acids
- Improves the look of skin fullness, texture, and pore appearance
- Improves the appearance of skin evenness and overall radiance
- Paraben-, and dye-free
- Ideal for aging, normal, and dry skin types
Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2
Humectants Are Your Best Friend. Regardless of skin type, as we age, we need more moisture. The Hydrating B5 provides much-needed moisture to the top layers of the skin, helping to condition dry patches, plump dehydration lines, and nourish the skin without making it feel greasy. The beauty of this product is its versatility. If you have oily or acne-prone skin and can’t bear the thought of rubbing a moisturizing cream into your face every morning, this serum provides the solution. If your skin is dry or dehydrated and you don’t feel like your moisturizer is giving your skin enough hydration, apply this serum first for extra moisture thanks to the mixture of Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin B5. This has been a lifesaver for me during the winter season and in general. It’s the icing on top of the Triple Lipid.
- Leaves skin feeling supple and smooth
- Enhances the benefits of a daily moisturizer
- Provides optimal hydration without clogging pores
- Paraben-, alcohol-, dye- and fragrance-free
- Ideal for all skin types
Three Bottles and I’m In It For The Long Haul. It works its magic by using specialist ingredients (namely Proxylane, Liquorice Root and Purple Rice Extracts, and Hyaluronic Acid) to preserve and gradually increase Hyaluronic Acid within the lower layers of the skin by up to 30% in just 12 weeks. Unlike the Hydrating B5, which is a hydrator, the H.A Intensifier is a corrective serum designed up the skin’s natural Hyaluronic Acid content, which improves the texture and firmness of the skin. I use this every night without fail. Be sure to apply to damp skin because Hyaluronic Acid holds 1,000 times its weight in water, and we want to keep the skin barrier moist at all times!
- Amplifies skin’s hyaluronic acid levels by 30%
- Reduces the look of crow’s feet, nasolabial folds (parenthesis around the mouth or laugh lines), and marionette lines (lines from the corners of the mouth down to chin) for smoother, firmer skin
- Delivers long lasting hydration to visibly improve skin’s texture
- Unique serum-gel texture format creates a smooth canvas on skin
- Paraben- and dye-free, ideal for all skin types
If you have questions about my experience with these products, or how to apply, message me @katarinalanni on Instagram <3
If you need the extra push, take a look at some of the before and after photos here